Monday, August 6, 2012

interesting things, lately discovered



A few links to a few things that I've recently found interesting/inspiring/worth some careful consideration:

Greenhorns: a National Young Farmer's Coalition. 

Tamar Adler's story of how she came to be a cook and balancing that with her love of writing. 

Tracy Chevalier and a new way to look at paintings

I just found out you can freeze tomatoes. This was a revelation to me. 

You cannot beat the ending of Roman Holiday. You simply cannot. 

Andrew Wyeth's studio in Chadd's Ford, Pennsylvania is without a doubt a place anyone even remotely interested in his work should visit. It is a beautiful space. 

And a friend of mine recently told me about WWOOF: Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms. I was excited to see how many listings there are for farms in Maine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment